Last updated on December 10th, 2019 at 04:33 pm
A lot of people asked me – Kiril, why don’t you create a video about Alexa top 5 scary skills just before Halloween? Actually, nobody asked, but I will make it anyway!
I’ve spent many hours to research, sort and test Alexa skills and this article is the end result, so you can use it and save this time to do something more meaningful.
And yes, you can use these skills not only on Halloween
I will say Alexa multiple times in the video above, so you better mute your Amazon device when you watch it.
If you’re new to the world of Amazon Devices, and you wonder what the hell is Alexa skill? The answer is very simple – they are voice-controllable apps that bring new functionality to your device.
And If you don’t have an Alexa yet, go buy one! You will support my site if you buy something from that link below.
This is my affiliate link: https://amzn.to/384TTmt
Now you may thinking how to get these skills and should I pay something?
The answer is – No, they are completely free and you have three options to install a skill:
- And the first one is go to Amazon web site, search for skills store and open it. After that open a skill of your choice and hit enable button.
- The second option is to use the iOS or Android companion Alexa App and from the side menu select Skills, then just tap Enable
- Or you can simply say: Alexa, subscribe me to the Kiril’s newsletter. I’m just kidding, you can say: Alexa, enable [Skill Name] and she will do the rest.
Also there is a little bonus at the end of the post.
With that being said let’s go get Alexa TOP 5 scary skills
- Spooky Halloween Sounds – These are the most popular scary sounds that I was able to find. The best part is that they are not stoping until you say so, This means that you can leave them playing during the whole Halloween night.
- Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc. Theater – I will just copy/paste one the reviews for that skill – it says everything:
“Ok, this is the cutest thing ever. We played this as a part of our family Halloween party with the kids. Super fun and in classic Scooby style, not scary, just the right amount of campy-spooky. Seriously way better than watching a movie, especially since my kids are still pretty little. Love it!”
- Trick or Treat – Trick or Treat is a quick and easy adventure game in which you are wandering your neighbourhood to receive candies and earn achievements. You have to avoid tricks and you will eventually find out something more about your neighbours.
- Escape the Room – The real escape rooms are really popular these days and this is virtual one with very high rating. The whole idea is that you are trapped in a room and you have to escape by picking items and solving puzzles. There are three different rooms with different difficulties. If you get stuck you can always use the walkthroughs available on the skill page.
- Ghost detector – is a funny little game in which you have to capture a ghost. There are hundreds of ghost, but you are only allowed to catch one per day for free. I’m not sure if there is special event on the Halloween night, you have to find out by yourselves. You can launch it by saying: Alexa, launch Ghost Detector and help
Can you tell me what is your favourite Alexa skill?
Let me know your answers in the comments bellow and it doesn’t have to be scary or Halloween related.
One more cool thing that you can try is to ask the following question exactly on the Halloween night:
Alexa, can I hear you laugh?
You don’t need any additional skills for that trick. It worked last year and it should work again this year!
Any sort of engagement on this site/blog does really help out a lot with the Google algorithm, so make sure that you subscribe to my newsletter, Like and Bell buttons If you enjoy this video.
I’m saying this every time, but it is so true. Also feel free to add me on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter by searching for KPeyanski username. I post there pretty much daily (Twitter).
Hopefully, one of these fun Alexa skills can help you make the holiday season even better.
Thank you for reading, stay safe and see you next time.