For a price of Pizza you can have a 1080p security camera called Winees Cam M1 Smart Home Camera that can detect movements caused by Persons or Pets using Artificial Intelligence. It has two way audio and can works with Alexa and Google Assistant. But let’s see what’s the good and the bad of this camera, so we can decide at the end, what is better a pizza or this camera?
Winees Cam M1 Specs
The Winees Smart Home Camera Mini can records HD video at 1080P resolution that can be streamed well over the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. The camera lens viewing angle is 110° degrees allowing you to capture large areas in your property.
Of course it have a night vision using infrared sensors technology with up to 10 meters night vision range. For the image compression both H.265 and H.264 codecs can be used. That means streaming will require less network bandwidth and recording will take less space.
And when we are talking about recording we have the following options with that camera:
- To use a Micro SD card where events can be recorded continuously
- Or you can use the Winees Cloud service for which we will talk about later.
The camera also have a microphone and a speaker that is capable to siren a 90dB alarm that eventually will scare the unwanted visitors.
What I miss the most here is the RTSP support, which will allow 3rd party integration for example with hardware and software NVRs like BlueIris as well as Smart Home platforms like Home Assistant. The good thing is that Winees are saying that they are considering RTSP support for the future and we can eventually receive this as a software update hopefully sooner than later.
Winees Cam M1 initial setup with AiDot app
The Winees Smart Home Camera Mini is super easy to install as multiple Installation options are possible and it can be virtually installed anywhere at your home as long as it is indoors.
Before physical installation it is a good idea to to initially setup the camera. To do that and to operate the camera afterwards you will need a mobile device and a free app called AiDot available in Apple AppStore and Android PlayStore.
Here are the steps that you need to do:
- Download, install & Open the AiDot app.
- Register a User and confirm registration from your e-mail.
- Sign in AiDot with your user & password.
- Power on the Winees Cam M1 with the included USB cable.
- When you hear the Camera voice prompts saying that it is ready to connect click on button in AiDot
- Select Winees Cam Mini from the list
- With your mobile device, scan the QR code located at the back of the Winees Cam M1.
- Tap on the Green Light is Flashing button (if it is not flashing start again or reset the camera)
- Join in the Wi-Fi network that the camera creates.
- Then select your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network that you want the Winees Cam M1 to connect.
- When you see Added Successful screen click Done button and you can start using your Winees Cam Mini.
Winees Cam M1 Free and Paid plans
There are two possible plans with this camera: a totally free tier and a paid cloud service.
The Free Tier
The Free Tier is used by default and includes possibility to watch your camera live stream from all over the World non-stop and to save your events on a local microSD card.
The Paid Tier
Optionally, you can opt in for the Winees Cloud Service called AI Protect Plan that will instantly give you 30 days Video History as well as AI Human & Pet detection.
At the time of writing this article there is a promotion saying that you will Get 6 Months Free of charge of the paid AI Protect Plan and after that it will cost $1.99 per month.
Winees Cam M1 Smart Home Camera summary
As summary I can say that Winees Smart Home Camera Mini is a good choice for beginners, it cost only around $20 and it is great as your first home security camera. It has elegant design and nice features that can give you more insight of your home on demand.
For the advanced users the lack of RTSP support may become a deal breaker, but there is a chance that the camera vendor may enable RTSP in the future.
Overall, I prefer to skip a pizza once and to grab a device that can give me a peace of mind while I’m not at home. But that’s me, and I’m interested about your honest opinion, what do you prefer a pizza or a camera? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Where to buy?
If you want to buy this Winees Camera Mini you can use one of the following official links:
- Amazon Winees Store – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X468Q44?maas=maas_adg_F2D606376D5FA8DE764F751F56DABACC_afap_abs&ref_=aa_maas&tag=peyanski-20
- Winees Official Site – https://www.iwinees.com/product/m219-home-security-camera-mini/
And now, do not wonder what to read next and just click on my Smart Home Security Category here on my website where I’m reviewing some very interesting sensors and cameras that you can implement in your Smart Home.
Don’t forget to subscribe for my Newsletter, if you haven’t done that already.
Follow me on Twitter, join my Discord server, stay safe and remember – Home Smart, But Not Hard!
I’m Kiril and I’m done writing. Bye!